Remember that the bathroom is a prime location for germs to flourish, so it’s vital that you choose a cleaning product with powerful disinfectant properties – we like products by Jif. Regardless of the product you choose, however, it’s vital that you follow the instructions on the label closely, paying particular attention to the safety warnings. Wear gloves, and make sure the room is well ventilated.
Once you have all of your supplies, you’re ready to begin, so roll up your sleeves and read on!
A Step-by-Step Guide to Speed Cleaning Your Bathroom
Having a clear procedure will help you when speed cleaning bathroom surfaces and fixtures. While the order of cleaning may vary from bathroom to bathroom, these instructions will give you a general idea of how to move about and stagger tasks effectively. You should be done in 15 minutes!
- Tackle the toilet. Apply toilet cleaner on the inner rim of your toilet bowl, so it drips down to the center. Let it sit. In the meantime take a disposable cleaning wipe and wipe down the top and bottom of the toilet seat and the base and tank of the toilet (you can also use a cleaning product and a paper towel). Throw the towel or wipe in the bin. TIME: two minutes.
- Clean the washbasin. Quickly rinse your hands with soap and water. Put any toothbrushes or stray items in the cabinet. Take your disinfectant spray and apply liberally to the sink, faucet and sides. Wipe any debris with your cloth, paper towel, or sponge. Grab the glass cleaner, spray and wipe down the mirror with a paper towel. TIME: one to two minutes.
- Turn to the shower or bathtub. Spray down the walls and floor of the shower with disinfectant spray. Scrub any particularly dirty parts and use the water from your showerhead or faucet to rinse out the area. TIME: four minutes.
- Finishing up. Use a disposable wipe or paper towel to clean the showerhead and faucet, and then use this to clean the toilet handle. Look at the toilet – if there are any stains, then use the toilet brush to scrub them away. Flush the toilet, ensuring that the toilet cleaner finishes its job. TIME: less than one minute.
- Cleaning the floor and emptying the bin. For a quick clean, use a broom to sweep your bathroom floor. Empty the bin and add a fresh bag, and use the broom to sweep the floor free of hair, dust, and dirt in the direction of the door. Sweep the dirt into the bin bag and remove from the bathroom. TIME: three to five minutes.
- Take one final look at the bathroom, ensuring that there are towels, hand soap, and toilet paper. Place your cleaning materials back under the sink.
- Now you have finished cleaning the bathroom in less than 15 minutes!
Remember to use a different cloth for the toilet bowl and washbasin, and to open a window if possible to minimize the inhalation of fumes. Once you’re done, you can use the time you’ve saved by speed cleaning the bathroom to relax!