How to Clean Shower Doors in 4 Steps
- Every time you enjoy a shower, leave the shower door open afterwards to allow some airflow. This will dry out the showering area quicker and slow down the growth of mould.
- Use a shower glass cleaner to tackle hard water spots and any soap build-up. When you use a cleaning product like this for the first time, always be sure to read the label’s safety instructions, to keep the shower room well-ventilated, and wear appropriate protection on your hands and face.
- Alternatively, use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Leave the solution to sit for five minutes before rinsing off with warm water. If you need a more powerful treatment, then dab vinegar on any problem areas.
- Mould can be removed with a standard chlorine or hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner. Most of these cleaners just need to be sprayed on then wiped off with a clean cloth.
When you use any cleaning product for the first time, always be sure to read the label’s safety instructions. Always keep the shower room well ventilated, and wear appropriate protection on your hands and face.
How to Clean a Shower Curtain in 5 Steps
- First, soak the curtain in a bath, or large tub of water with biological washing powder mixed in.
- Leave the curtain soaking for as long as possible (preferably overnight) to loosen any deposits. Fungal growth in the hems or edges can be scrubbed at with an old toothbrush.
- After the initial soak, put your shower curtain into the washing machine to clean it properly. Consider adding one or two towels into the machine too: the abrasive texture of towels means that they help dislodge dirt from the curtain. Remember, always check the label on your shower curtain for specific washing instructions.
- Adding a small amount of vinegar to the wash load or final rinse will deodorise the curtain and serve as a disinfectant.
- For shower curtains that can’t be washed in the machine, spray with a cleaning solution, and then wipe down.
So, in 5 or fewer steps, your work is done! A clean, soap-free shower door or curtain is yours.