Just because you’ve got a small bathroom doesn’t mean you can’t make it look amazing. It also doesn’t mean you can’t free up space in it either, you just need clever storage and bathroom décor ideas. If you need bathroom decorating ideas on a budget, we’ve got plenty of top tips for you.
How to decorate a small bathroom
Looking for great bathroom decorating ideas on a budget? The key is to make your space as light and airy as possible. Here are our three top hacks:
- Use light paint on all walls and the ceiling.
- Replace dark flooring with light colours.
- Use matching tiles on the floors and walls to create a more spacious feel.
DIY small bathroom décor ideas
We’ve seen how decorating can freshen up a bathroom and create the illusion of more space. Well, stylish bathroom décor ideas can do a top job too. Give some of our ideas a try:
- Go for a big mirror – not only will it be a real statement piece, it’ll open up your bathroom too. Be careful going for heavy frames as they can dominate; opt for thinner borders or even borderless mirrors instead.
- Add an interior design feel with a stylish shower curtain – they take up no room but can really lift a small bathroom from shabby to chic.
- Use tile paint to freshen up your bathroom and add a splash of colour – it’s cheaper than fitting whole new tiles.
- Paint wide stripes on the walls – doing so can trick the eye and give you a sense of more space. It looks pretty cool, too.
DIY small bathroom storage ideas
When it comes to creative small bathroom storage ideas it’s all about making the most use of the space you have. There are plenty of cracking DIY bathroom storage ideas for small bathrooms. Here are some of our best:
- Hang baskets on your walls to keep shampoos and soaps close to hand.
- Use corner space on your walls with shelving. It’ll stop walls feeling too cluttered.
- Go for an under-sink cabinet to keep things neat, tidy, and practical.
- Use the back of your bathroom door to hang robes and towels from sturdy hooks.
- Try clever stacking storage on your windowsill for a real space saver.
- Install a shelf above your sink, and bath if you have one. Use it for essentials and ornaments to add a bit of personality to the room.
- Screw in spice racks to hold your beauty products. This is one of our favourite small bathroom storage ideas and works to create on the underside of shelves.
There you have it, a number of creative bathroom décor ideas for small bathrooms and very small bathroom storage ideas to help you make the most of your bathroom. It’s all about being creative, looking at the space you have, and maximising it.
Looking for clever bathroom décor ideas? Follow our key steps:
- Use light colours to open up the space.
- Match floor and wall tiles.
- Add splashes of colour with tile paint and shower curtains.
- Make use of clever shelving, baskets and door hooks.