Cleaning the bathroom might seem a bit daunting at first – cleaning the toilet requires different products and methods than cleaning the shower, and cleaning all the tiles in the bathroom can seem very complicated! If you've been on the hunt for the best bathroom cleaner strategies then never fear. Discover the best way to clean bathroom tiles with these tips and tricks that make the process easy and effective.
Steam Cleaning Your Bathroom
- Whether you're looking for the best way to clean bathroom wall tiles, or tiles in general, a steam cleaner can be used on various surfaces in your house. Before you steam clean your tiles, remember to remove any loose debris from the floor surface. Gently vacuum or brush your tiles.
- Specifically useful when it comes to knowing how to clean ceramic wall tiles, steam cleaning is efficient at removing built-up dirt. It's a particularly great method if you've been puzzling over how to clean between bathroom tiles, because by heating the tile, a steam cleaner opens up pores in the material’s surface to release the most tightly held muck. All you need to do is apply steam to the surface of the tile, and then wipe off the dirt! As a method, it's up there with the best bathroom cleaner hacks.
- Steam cleaning is equally effective if you're looking for how to clean procelain tiles. After steam cleaning, rinse your porcelain tiles and allow to dry. Remember to go gently!
Do-It-Yourself Cleaning Solutions for Cleaning Bathroom Tiles
When it comes to learning how to clean bathroom tiles, often the simplest methods are best:
- For the most straightforward cleaning solution for tiles, dilute a mixture of vinegar and baking soda in water. Put this solution into an empty spray bottle. The vinegar acts as a degreaser, while the baking soda scours the surface and eliminates odours. For better results, the solution should be left on the tiles for a minute to fully dissolve the build-up, and then should be wiped off with a damp microfibre cloth.
- If you're interested in how to clean new bathroom tiles with a more powerful homemade concoction, use a paste of bleach and bicarbonate of soda. Bleach functions as a disinfectant and will whiten your tiles and grout, restoring them to their original tone. But be careful! It can give off some very nasty gases. If you do decide to use bleach, then work carefully in a well-ventilated area with gloves and possibly a mask. After applying the mixture, leave it on for at least one hour before washing it off.
Cleaning Products for Tile Cleaning
If making your own cleaning solution from scratch seems to be too complicated, don’t worry – there are plenty of specialist products on the market to make your job easier. Remember to follow the product’s instructions and to use it in a well-ventilated area, and also wear gloves to protect your hands.
One of the best ways to clean bathroom tiles and ensure a thorough clean, is to run the shower on a high temperature for a while before you begin cleaning. If you're wondering how to clean ceramic wall tiles, this method will work in the same way as the steamer, by relaxing the ceramic pores and thereby making the surface easier to clean.
Whether you've been searching for the best way to clean wall tiles, or more generally scratching your head wondering 'how can I clean bathroom tiles' so that they're sparkling again, it's really quite simple with the right products and techniques. Use this guide to learn how to clean bathroom tiles like a pro.