Whether you’ve got a sudden family visit or have just opened the curtains to rooms full of mess, there are times when all of us would love to simply wish our homes tidy.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. But there are ways you can make home cleaning easier and quicker, just follow these hacks to find out how:
Decluttering for a Clean Home
Decluttering is one of the house cleaning tips you can’t afford to ignore. Having a lot of junk lying about is probably one of the main reasons your home looks so messy but clearing it all away can make a huge difference in very little time. Here are some home cleaning hacks for your clutter:
- Grab a bin or a bag and walk around your home, putting all the junk straight into it. You can sort out recycling from waste later when you have more time.
- If you have kids, collect all of their toys next and put them into one big basket or box.
- Grab any important documents or items and put them somewhere safe and out of sight.
- Put dirty clothing in a laundry basket and tidy away your clean clothes.
- Grab another bag and put all the odds and ends that you don’t have a proper home for into it – again, you can sort this out later when you have the time.
Focus on the Large Home Cleaning Jobs
When it comes to home cleaning hacks, focus on the large surfaces and forget the smaller areas. A bit of dust on the shelves is going to make far less of an impact than a whole load of dirty plates left on the side so make sure you do the important things first. Here are some examples:
- Wipe down surfaces such as kitchen counters and tables.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Wash-up dirty dishes and put them away.
Look around you when cleaning home areas and notice what’s making the space look really dirty, and then do those things first. You can focus on plumping up the cushions and arranging the flowers later but for now it’s really not a priority!
Cleaning Tips for Home Bathrooms
If you’re about to have guests over, chances are someone’s going to need to use the bathroom at some point. That means you want it to be clean before they arrive.
Follow these house cleaning tips for bathrooms to make sure you make the right impression:
- Use Cif Lemon Cream Cleaner on your toilet and sink, as well as any other surfaces that could do with a wipe over, for a sparkling shine and fresh scent that takes just seconds. Always read the label before using the product and apply on a small area first.
- Use glass cleaner or vinegar to wipe over glass surfaces and mirrors.
- Use mould spray to quickly remove mould and mildew from walls but always be sure to read up on the safety cautions before you start – no matter how much of a rush you’re in!
- Pop some bleach or toilet gel down the toilet, scrubbing any stains with the toilet brush. Read the label before use.
Once you’ve completed these cleaning tips for home tidying, see if you have any time left and start doing all the smaller jobs such as dusting and organising. These hacks should leave you with a clean home that you can be proud of.