- Create a housekeeping checklist to organise your chores.
- Delegate chores to each member of your household.
- Use good quality products and keep them organised.
- Clean as you go, for example, wash up straight after cooking.
- Hire a maid to take some of the pressure off.
How clean is your house? Trying to keep your house clean all the time might sound like a daunting task, especially if you want to perform all the chores in a single weekend. But by creating daily cleaning habits, your house can be clean at all times, and you can save the weekends to enjoy time with family and friends.
How to clean a house: 5 easy ways to ensure you can clean your house with ease
If you’re worried about how to keep your house clean there’s no cause for alarm. With our house cleaning tips, it’s easier than ever to keep on top of your chores.
- Create a housekeeping checklist. This is one of the easiest ways to make sure you stay organised.
- Firstly, start by listing all the rooms in your house from your kitchen to your bathroom.
- Under each room, list the areas that need cleaning, from sinks that need cleaning, to surfaces that need dusting.
- Now allocate a few jobs to each day of the week. You don’t need to do everything in one go, spreading them out across the week will reduce your workload and help you keep on top of the cleaning.
- Check out our article for more tips on creating a housekeeping checklist!
- Delegate the chores to other household members. After all, if it’s not just you who lives in your home, everyone should be responsible! Allow children to take responsibility for making their beds and ask each adult to take responsibility for 1 or 2 rooms each. This will lessen your workload and make sure the cleaning and tidying of your home is done regularly – make chores fun for kids with these cleaning games ideas and tips!
- Use good quality products and keep them organised. Once you know what chores need doing, when to do them and who’s in charge of each chore, organise your products. Keeping all your kitchen cleaners, bathroom cleaners and surface cleaners organised will mean you can quickly grab what you need for each area.
- Clean as you go. If you’re worried about keeping on top of your cleaning, just make sure you do a bit at a time. For example, if you’re cooking, immediately wash up to reduce the workload. After having a shower, clean down the shower doors to prevent scum build-up. Little and often will help you keep on top of your cleaning.
- Still finding it difficult to keep on top of your cleaning? If these tips are helping but aren’t quite enough, why not consider taking some of the pressure off yourself with our guide to finding the best maid service.
Now you have our easy house cleaning tips and tricks, you have everything you need to ensure you keep on top of your household cleaning and chores.