- If the glass is small enough, soak in warm, soapy water.
- For stubborn residue, use a paste of baking soda and vegetable oil.
- Use rubbing alcohol to remove stickers and residue from glass windows.
Trying to remove a sticker from glass windows, bottles or jars can feel like an impossible mission – we've all been there! The glue can be hard to peel off using just your fingers but some simple solutions can make it much more manageable. Here we’ll show you how to remove stickers from glassincluding the sticky residue that’s sometimes left behind.
How to remove glue from glass: an easy guide to quick glass sticker and label removal
Read on to discover how to get rid of stickers and labels as well as how to remove sticker gluethat could be left behind.
- If the glass product can be soaked (for example a glass bottle or jar) the following steps should be enough for you to clean away the sticker and glue residue.
- Start by filling a bowl with warm, soapy water and putting the glass in to soak.
- Leave it for around 30 minutes.
- This should be enough for you to be able to peel the sticker away with your fingernail.
- If that’s not enough, try baking soda.
- Start with steps 1-2. Meanwhile, create a paste of equal parts baking soda and vegetable oil.
- Rub the paste into the sticker or glue residue.
- Leave it to soak overnight.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe the surface of the glass clean.
- As a final step, try applying heat. This should melt the sticker glue enough to be able to peel it away.
- Take care to not overheat the glass and cause it to shatter, or apply too much heat to cause the sticker to catch fire.
- If you have stickers or glue residue on a glass window, try one of the following actions to remove it:
- A commercial window cleaning product, like Jif Window Spray, should do the trick. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions found on the label.
- Rubbing alcohol should dissolve the glue, allowing you to peel it away easily.
- Freezing the sticker should also work. Hold a bag of ice, or ice pack on the sticker, then use a scraper to remove it from your window. You can use a damp cloth to wipe the window clean.