Ants don’t just invade cartoon picnics, they invade homes – and they are a common, troublesome problem. This simple 3-step guide on how to get rid of ants naturally can help you ensure that they won’t become a problem.
Step 1: Don’t Just Get Rid of Ants, Stop them from Entering
You don’t have to see ants around to get rid of them – prevention is the best solution. Avoid an ant invasion before it even happens; it’s your best bet for a relaxed, ant-free life.
Ants are attracted to food sources, so your kitchen is usually every ant’s preferred destination, especially if you have food lying around. If you don’t want to be faced with those little monsters, read this list and make it a part of your daily routine. But if you already have ants and you’re wondering how to get rid of ants in the kitchen, try step 3.
- Cover any food that doesn’t belong in the fridge.
- Wash your dishes on the same day, and teach your children to do the same (even if they aren’t too happy about it).
- Take out the trash on a daily basis.
- Wipe away any excess water on the counter, as ants like to stay near water sources.
- Sweep your floors regularly, especially in the kitchen and under the dining table.