Keeping your kitchen clean can seem like a full time job unless you keep organised with a kitchen cleaning checklist! Read on to find out more.
The hub for where you prepare all your food needs to be kept clean in order to avoid food contamination or bug infestations. However, family life can be chaotic, making it hard to keep your kitchen spotless. To make cleaning easier, follow this checklist for hassle free kitchen cleaning tips.
If you don’t have time for a big clean up, don’t worry – there are simple daily tasks you can do to keep things in order. Then when there’s more time for a deep clean you can tick off more of our monthly kitchen cleaning tips. Our ‘how to clean a kitchen’ checklist is also great to spread chores out between the family. Designate tasks to each family member and turn it into a game!
A Handy Kitchen Cleaning Checklist That Will Change the Way You Clean
Follow each section of our kitchen cleaning tips to maintain a clean kitchen all month long.
- Wipe down worktops
- Keep clean as you cook
- Wipe spills from work surfaces, floors, and appliances
- Empty the bin
- Wash the dishes or run the dishwasher
- Sweep the floor
- Fridge inventory – Throw away any spoiled or out-of-date food items along with empty containers.
- Clean small appliances such as the microwave, toaster, mixer, kettle – Wipe with a multi-surface cleaner such as Jif Ultra Fast Multipurpose Spray to remove any stains, smudges or fingerprints. Don’t forget to lift up the appliances to wipe away any crumbs or dirt that have collected under them.
- Scour the stovetop – Scrub and remove any stuck on spills with a cloth and a product like Jif Cream Lemon.
- Thoroughly disinfect the sink and drying board – Remember to clean the dish drainer too.
- Wash the bins – Keep your bins smelling fresh with a weekly spray down. Spray with an anti bacterial cleaner, like Jif anti-bacterial 2-in-1, and wipe the exterior and interior. Dry with paper towels before putting in a new bin liner.
- Mop floors – This will give your floors a thorough clean and help to lift stains before they become deeply embedded.
- Replace tea towels with clean ones – Wash the old towels to make sure they’re ready to be used again next week.