Are you wondering how you can clean your kitchen appliances – items like your microwave, blender, toaster, or mixer? This article will cover some general principles for cleaning household appliances with step-by-step tips on how to clean a microwave. Cleaning your appliances couldn’t be easier with this guide!
For most household appliances – like blenders or toasters – you’ll need the following:
- A couple of microfibre cloths.
- A multi-purpose cleaner like Jif Actifizz Summer Fresh or a spray container filled with water mixed with lemon juice or white vinegar.
Make sure you unplug all appliances before cleaning.
The process of cleaning any appliance in the kitchen is relatively simple:
- Spray the cloth and wipe down the surface of the appliance.
- If you’re cleaning an appliance with a removable part for catching crumbs or other waste food, remove it and clean it thoroughly.
- For items like toasters (which have a tendency to accumulate debris), shake them out over the bin. Do not get the heating elements of the toaster wet.
- Dislodge anything in hard to reach places using a dry toothbrush.
Remember to always read the information provided by the manufacturer for guidance.
How to Clean a Microwave
Does the inside of your microwave need to be cleaned? Here’s one way to clean your microwave.
- Microfibre cloths
- A bowl of water with a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- A lemon, sliced into two halves.