From throwing away old ingredients to wiping greasy handles, kitchen cupboards need regular attention in order to keep them clean and tidy. However, alongside all the other kitchen chores that need to be done, they’re easy to forget about, resulting in the need for a deeper clean every now and again.
If you’re looking for advice on cleaning cupboards, this guide is here to help. From how to clean laminate cupboards to tips on storage and organisation – read on to find out how to get your kitchen cabinets spotless (and keep them that way)!
Cleaning Kitchen Cupboards – What You’ll Need
Before you begin, make sure you have the following products handy:
- 2 microfibre (or good quality) cloths
- A washing up liquid, such as Lux Sunlight Lemon
- A multipurpose cleaning product like Jif Ultra Fast Multipurpose Spray
- A bucket of water, or nearby access to a sink
How to Clean Kitchen Cabinet Doors – Exterior
From greasy fingerprints to splashes from the frying pan, cupboard doors can quickly get dirty. For sparkling clean kitchen cupboards, follow these easy steps:
- First, mix together washing up liquid in a bucket or sink of warm water. A dishwashing product like Lux Sunlight Lemon is mild enough to be used on wood, laminate, and various other common surfaces yet is still effective for cutting through grease.
- Soak a cloth in the water and ring out the excess. Use to wipe over the kitchen cupboards.
- Use a dry cloth to absorb excess water and lingering dirt. A microfibre cloth is ideal here, as its material is highly effective at buffing surfaces dry.
- For extra clean kitchen cupboards, repeat the previous steps using a good quality surface cleaner like Jif Multipurpose Spray. Remember to follow the instructions and only use products suitable for the surface material.