How to get rid of mould in bathroom textiles
Damp bathroom mats, towels and shower curtains are a breeding ground for mats. Get rid of mould in bathroom textiles by washing with a powerful detergent, and hang them up to dry after each use to prevent mould forming in the future.
- Pre-treat mould stains with a liquid detergent like OMO – gently rubbing into stains
- If the item is machine washable, pop it in the machine on a high temperature
- If the item cannot be washed in the machine, hand wash it instead
- Dry the item naturally – sunlight can bleach fabric so try to hang white items outside
- Repeat this process until any mould stains are full removed
How to prevent mould in bathrooms
Knowing how to get rid of mould in bathrooms is one thing, but why not stop the problem before it even has time to develop? All it takes is a few simple habits:
- Keep your bathroom well ventilated by opening windows or installing a fan
- Wipe your shower or bath after use to remove excess water
- Leave shower curtains open to dry after use
- Hang bath mats, towels and other soft furnishings to dry after use
With these tips, you can prevent mould in bathrooms and remove infestations if and when they do occur – no need to let black spots ruin your bath anymore!