How to clean a leather lounge
Your lounge suite will be some of the most used furniture in your home, and so it’s important to know how to clean leather chairs and of course how to clean leather couch.
- With the soft brush attachment, vacuum the furniture to remove dust and particles before cleaning.
- Using a cloth, wipe a small amount of a very mild detergent onto the furniture. Possible detergents might include those designed for washing delicate clothes, or a saddle soap that contains oils and waxes that will help maintain the leather’s shine.
- Ideally, use a micro fibre cloth that will not fray; never use paper towels, which can disintegrate and become embedded in the leather.
- With a separate cloth, wipe again with cool, clean water, taking care not to oversaturate the fabric.
- Repeat until all soap residue has been removed.
- Leave to dry naturally, closing curtains or blinds if the furniture is in direct sunlight.
- Remember – always spot test the cleaning product on a small area before cleaning the whole sofa. You don’t want to damage your leather furniture by mistake!
- Consider hiring a professional if your suite has stubborn stains you can’t remove.
Five tops tips for how to clean leather jacket
It’s pretty simple to clean a leather jacket at home, and it will save you money too. Be sure to follow these top tips and clean your jacket no more than once a year to keep it soft and supple.
- Ensure you read the label and check for any specific care instructions.
- Run a damp, soft cloth over the surface of the jacket to remove visible dirt.
- Use a solution of warm water and mild detergent like OMO Delicates Silk & Wool and gently wipe the outside of the coat.
- Wipe away the detergent using a dry sponge.
- Use a leather conditioner to preserve the material quality and stop it from drying out.
Now you know how to clean leather couch or chairs in your lounge and have all the tips you need when it comes to how to clean leather jacket and other garments, you’ll be able to keep your leather looking as good as the day you bought it.