All homes need a regular clean to keep them looking their best, but even the most dedicated of housekeepers can overlook a few hidden areas. If you need to know how to clean blinds or how to clean laminate cupboards and remove sticky residue then we can help.
How to clean blinds at home
Can’t remember the last time you cleaned your blinds or curtains? Whip them into shape in no time with these steps:
- Use a synthetic duster to clean between the slats on venetian blinds. You can also use a rubber sponge or even a clean sock if you don’t have a duster to hand
- Not sure how to remove sticky residue from blinds? Dip a clean cloth in a solution of water and white vinegar, or water and dishwashing liquid, and rub the area before rinsing with a cloth dipped in plain water and drying with a clean cloth
- Give any accessories or fittings (such as curtain poles or blind rods) a wipe with an antibacterial wipe or a cloth dipped in warm water
Remember: Fabric blinds may be machine-washable. Check the label before cleaning blinds in this way, and always choose an appropriate detergent.
How to clean kitchen cupboards
Cleaning kitchen cupboards isn’t necessarily difficult, but it can seem like a lot of effort. Make it quick and easy with these tips.
- Empty the cupboards of all goods
- Wipe the inside of the cupboards with a little Jif applied with a soft sponge
- Leave for a few minutes, then wipe clean with a cloth dipped in warm water
- Repeat this process for stubborn stains, scrubbing as necessary
- Dry the cupboard thoroughly. Consider lining the bottoms with paper for protection
- Replace all food back in the cupboards – now is the perfect time to check expiry dates and arrange your cupboards so that the oldest food is used first
- Wipe the inside and outside of the cupboard doors with warm water. You may want to use a little Jif or an antibacterial wipe on the outside to remove any grease marks
Not sure if the process of how to clean laminate cupboards is different? All-purpose sprays or mixtures of water and white vinegar are all safe to use on these surfaces.
How clean is your house? Cleaning tips to make your regular clean easier
Cleaning hidden areas in your home is important for overall cleanliness but how can you give your house a thorough clean while still having time to enjoy yourself?
Little and often
Clean a different hidden area of your home each week as part of your regular cleaning routine.
Keep cleaning essentials like all-purpose sprays, , white vinegar, and dishwashing liquid in your home at all times. They’re essential when it comes to learning how to remove sticky residue or how to clean kitchen cupboards and other surfaces.
Don’t get distracted
Focus on the task at hand to avoid making mistakes – if you’re cleaning blinds then don’t start another task until that one is finished.
Remember the little things
It’s not just big units that need to be cleaned regularly. If cleaning kitchen cupboards, wardrobes, or other large items then remember to pay attention to the details. Handles, embellishments, fixtures, and fittings can all benefit from a wipe down too.