Family life can be chaotic, making it hard to keep your kitchen spotless. But in order to avoid food contamination or an infestation of creepy crawlies – it’s vital you keep on top of it.
If you don’t have time for a big clean up, don’t worry – there are simple daily tasks you can do to keep things in order. Then, when you do have time for a deeper clean, you can move on to the weekly and monthly tasks. The following kitchen cleaning schedule and checklist is also great for getting the family to do their bit – designate chores to each family member and keep an eye out for them being ticked off!
Kitchen Cleaning Schedule
Follow each section of the kitchen cleaning checklist to maintain a clean kitchen all month long.
- Wipe down worktops
- Keep clean as you cook
- Wipe spills from work surfaces, floors, and appliances
- Empty the bin
- Wash the dishes or run the dishwasher
- Sweep the floor
- Fridge inventory – Throw away any spoiled or out-of-date food items along with empty containers.
- Clean small appliances such as the microwave, toaster, mixer, kettle – Wipe with a multi-surface cleaner such as Jif Kitchen Spray, to remove any stains, smudges or fingerprints and leave surfaces with an immediate shine. Don’t forget to lift up the appliances to wipe away any crumbs or dirt that have collected under them.
- Scour the stovetop – Wipe and remove any stuck on spills with a cloth and a product like Jif Cream – it’s formulated to lift tough dirt without the need for scrubbing!
- Thoroughly disinfect the sink and drying board – Remember to clean the dish drainer too.