Family life can be chaotic, making it hard to keep your kitchen spotless. But in order to avoid food contamination or an infestation of creepy crawlies – it’s vital you keep on top of it.
If you don’t have time for a big clean up, don’t worry – there are simple daily tasks you can do to keep things in order. Then, when you do have time for a deeper clean, you can move on to the weekly and monthly tasks. The following kitchen cleaning schedule and checklist is also great for getting the family to do their bit – designate chores to each family member and keep an eye out for them being ticked off!
Kitchen Cleaning Schedule
Follow each section of the kitchen cleaning checklist to maintain a clean kitchen all month long.
- Wipe down worktops
- Keep clean as you cook
- Wipe spills from work surfaces, floors, and appliances
- Empty the bin
- Wash the dishes or run the dishwasher
- Sweep the floor
- Fridge inventory – Throw away any spoiled or out-of-date food items along with empty containers.
- Clean small appliances such as the microwave, toaster, mixer, kettle – Wipe with a multi-surface cleaner such as Jif Kitchen Spray, to remove any stains, smudges or fingerprints and leave surfaces with an immediate shine. Don’t forget to lift up the appliances to wipe away any crumbs or dirt that have collected under them.
- Scour the stovetop – Wipe and remove any stuck on spills with a cloth and a product like Jif Cream – it’s formulated to lift tough dirt without the need for scrubbing!
- Thoroughly disinfect the sink and drying board – Remember to clean the dish drainer too.
- Wash the bins – Keep your bins smelling fresh with a weekly spray down. Spray with Jif Antibacterial and wipe the exterior and interior. Dry with paper towels before putting in a new bin liner.
- Mop floors – This will give your floors a thorough clean and help to lift stains before they become deeply embedded.
- Replace tea towels with clean ones – Wash the old towels to make sure they’re ready to be used again next week.
- Freezer inventory – Throw away any items that are no longer edible and take note of frozen food that needs to be eaten soon.
- Clean out the fridge – Wipe down shelves and drawers. Hoover behind and underneath.
- Clean the dishwasher – Scrub the insides and run a cycle using only dishwasher detergent in an empty machine for an extra fresh smelling dishwasher.
- Deep clean the oven – Use a strong oven cleaner, such as Jif Oven and BBQ Cleaner, to make your oven sparkle. Sweep out any ash, scrub the racks, and wipe the exterior.
- Sort out the cupboards – Remove items from the cupboards and wipe inside surfaces. Throw away any stale items before reorganising cupboards neatly.
- Tidy the drawers – Sort out any items in drawers including cooking utensils, pans, and so on. Throw away or donate any unneeded or broken items. Wipe inside drawers and rearrange contents in an organised fashion.
With this handy kitchen cleaning schedule, you’ll never have a dirty kitchen again. There’s nothing more satisfying that ticking the checklist as you go!