How often do you think to yourself, ‘I must give the oven a good clean today’ only to put the task off. This doesn’t have to be the case. There’s an easy way to clean oven doors, even. These oven cleaning hacks and tips for cleaning oven doors and interiors will help you get a clean oven quickly, with minimal effort.
3 tips for cleaning oven doors and interiors
- Always remove oven racks first. These should be cleaned separately.
- Keep the room well ventilated, especially if you’re using products like ammonia.
- The best way to clean oven doors and interiors necessitates the use of grime-busting products such as Jif. You’ll find using a product such as this amounts to an easy way to clean oven doors and interiors, as well as to scrub out stubborn stains.
The best way to clean an oven with homemade recipes
The following recipes are effective homemade cleaning solutions sure to help in your quest for a sparkling clean oven
- Ammonia recipe:
After your evening meal, turn your oven to gas mark 2 then ensure both the gas and pilot light are turned off. Next, pop a large pot of boiling water on the bottom rack of the oven. Place an ovenproof dish containing a cup of ammonia on the top rack. Leave it to sit overnight. In the morning, leave the oven door open for approximately 15 minutes. Add a couple of teaspoons of dish soap to your leftover ammonia, plus one litre of water and use this mixture with a scrubbing pad to clean off the remaining grease.
- Baking soda recipe:
Take out oven racks. Mix ½ cup of baking soda with approximately three tablespoons of water – enough to create a paste. Spread the mixture over the interior of the oven. Take care to avoid the heating elements. Allow it to sit for approximately 12 hours or overnight. In the morning, use a damp cloth to wipe away the grease and left-over mixture.
If you have any stubborn areas, white vinegar is great at helping shift the grease as it reacts with baking soda.
Oven Maintenance: The best way to clean oven interiors on a daily basis
Once you have a lovely, sparkling clean oven, maintenance is key if you want to avoid it becoming a mess again quickly. These 3 tips are easy ways to clean your oven and will help you keep it cleaner, for longer.
- Always line the base of your oven with an oven sheet or some tin foil to catch anything that drips or drops.
- Roast meat and fish in cooking bags to prevent fat spitting in your oven and wreaking greasy havoc.
- After cooking, pop a bowl of water into oven and turn on to high heat for around 20 minutes. After it has cooled, wipe the oven down with a paper towel.
Now that you have some great tips for cleaning oven doors and interiors, and you know about the best ways to clean an oven, you can stop avoiding the task and get a clean oven ready for the next time you use it.