There’s nothing like getting the barbie going on a sunny day, but it’s all too easy to find yourself covered in sauce stains. Whether you want to know how to remove mustard stains from clothes or how to remove BBQ sauce stains and tomato sauce, we can help.
How to remove mustard, ketchup, and BBQ sauce stains
Whatever your sauce preference, removing these stains usually follows the same method. So, whether you need to know how to get bbq sauce stains out of your clothes or how to remove ketchup stains from clothes worn by the kids, this method should work.
Remember: Although how to get BBQ sauce stains out of clothes is the same method as other sauce stains, it’s important to check the stain removal method on a small area of the fabric first.
- Use a clean cloth or a paper towel to gently scoop up any sauce. Do not rub
- Flush the stain with cold water from behind the stain
- Pre-treat using a liquid detergent like OMO Ultimate Liquid. Rub it gently into the stain and leave for 15-30 minutes. For cotton, you can use rubbing alcohol instead
- Wash the garment at the recommended temperature according to the care label
- Check whether the stain has come out – if it hasn’t, repeat from step 3. If it has, let the garment dry in the sun and do another spot-check afterwards