A night out with friends can cause your clothes to smell of cigarettes – whether you’re a smoker or not. If you’re smelling smoke in your clothes, you’ll need to know how to get rid of cigarette smell. It can be quite unappealing when a waft of cigarettes appears when you’re meeting someone new. If you’d prefer to be judged on your personality rather than your personal habits, just follow these easy steps on how to get rid of cigarette smell.
Cigarette Smoke Removal – Practical Prevention
To avoid smoky clothes, the best way is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Try to:
- Avoid sitting in rooms that are smoky without proper ventilation. This can damage your clothes and your health, even if you’re not a smoker. Additionally, you’ll need to know how to get the smoke smell out of your house.
- If you’re a smoker, try to do it in a well-ventilated area. Opening windows and emptying your ashtrays will help minimise stale smoke in the air.
- When you’re smoking, make sure you’re positioned so that it draws away from you and try to hold your cigarette at arm’s length.
- Because smoking damages the fine hairs in your nose, you might not be able to smell smoke on yourself while others can.
- Consider quitting smoking. If you want to change your smoking habit, there’s always medical help on hand. Be sure to follow your doctor’s advice.