Regardless of whether you’ve had time to entertain on your patio over the summer or had your outdoor space attacked by the forces of nature, your outdoor furniture and cushions are always ready for a little TLC towards the end of summer. If you’re looking for the best way to clean outdoor furniture or the best way to clean outdoor furniture cushions, we’re here to help you.
How to clean outdoor cushions
After taking a look at your weather-battered outdoor furniture, you may be looking for the best way to clean outdoor furniture cushions. It depends a little on the fabric – and you should always consult the care label – but these instructions on how to clean outdoor cushions dressed in cotton or polyester should help:
- It’s a good idea to pre-treat any stains with a small amount of OMO Ultimate Liquid. Use the bottom of the Stain Eraser Ball to gently work the detergent into the fabric and leave it to work for 5–30 minutes
- Wash the covers in your machine with some more OMO at the recommended temperature
- Let the cushion covers dry naturally on the line to avoid creases
How to clean outdoor furniture
It’s not just the cushions that need to be cleaned – what about the actual furniture itself? Material is just as important when cleaning outdoor furniture: check out this article on how to clean metal for advice on this material or follow these steps for the best way to clean outdoor furniture made of plastic or wicker.
- Wipe the furniture all over with warm soapy water and a soft cloth, paying attention to stains
- Treat any stubborn areas with a little Jif applied with a clean, damp cloth
- Rinse with clean water and wipe dry with another cloth
- Vacuum the furniture with a thin nozzle to remove loose debris and dirt
- Wipe down the surface with a damp sponge dipped in warm soapy water
- Work the sponge across the wicker quickly and gently to avoid damage
- Rinse away any soap suds with a clean cloth dampened with plain water
- Leave synthetic wicker to dry in the sun or use a hairdryer on natural wicker
Now you know how to clean outdoor furniture as well as how to clean outdoor cushions, your outdoor space will be ready for entertaining in no time!