We live in a society that is constantly looking for new, natural alternatives to conventional products for cleaning that are safe for our families and the environment. Read on for some great ways of using white vinegar for cleaning and bicarbonate of soda uses too.
Five sodium bicarbonate uses outside of baking
When it comes to bicarbonate of soda uses we all know that it is a great raising agent in baking but did you know it can be used in other ways to?
- Combining a small amount of bicarbonate of soda to your usual shampoo will help to remove any product residue and leave your scalp clean and hair much more manageable.
- A paste made of bicarbonate of soda and water is perfect for soothing itchy bug bites.
- Why not try making homemade bath bombs by adding three-parts of bicarbonate of soda to one-part citric acid?
- Bicarbonate of soda is a great stain remover when cleaning tea or coffee mugs.
- Sprinkle a little bicarbonate of soda in the bottom of your cat litter box to reduce the smells given off during use.
Five vinegar uses for around your home
Using white vinegar for cleaning is not a new idea, but did you know that using vinegar to clean isn’t the only thing it is good for. Here are five vinegar uses you may not be aware of.
- Use equal part water and vinegar to make a basic all-purpose cleaning solution great for cleaning your fridge and freezer.
- Clear up carpet stains with two tablespoons of salt dissolved in ½ a cup of white vinegar.
- Steam clean your microwave with a ¼ cup of vinegar mixed in one cup of water.
- Use ½ cup of white vinegar mixed with two tablespoons of baking soda to polish silver, brass and copper.
- Vinegar makes a great natural, organic weed killer.
Now you have some great tips for using vinegar to clean around your home and of course some important sodium bicarbonate uses you can keep you home in a clean, fresh condition using natural alternatives to conventional products.