We’re living in a society that is ever more conscious of the impact that we’re having on the environment, and increasingly trying to find new ways to save money. So, whether you’re looking for ways to make a homemade tile floor cleaner, or reasons why it’s a good idea to do so, you’ll find all the information you need here.
Six reasons why you should use a homemade floor cleaner
- They are cheaper: Life is expensive, so it’s always good to find ways to save a bit of money, like in the case of making a homemade carpet cleaner.
- They won’t discolour your carpets: Some commercial cleaners contain chemicals that can, overtime, discolour your carpets. Using a homemade carpet cleaning solution means you’re using natural ingredients which will not.
- Essential oils can be added to give your cleaner the smell of your choice: Adding essential oils to your cleaner means you can ensure it leaves your home smelling fresh.
- Homemade floor cleaners contain natural ingredients: Whether you’re using vinegar or baking soda, a homemade carpet cleaner only contains ingredients which aren’t for the environment or your health.
- Many homemade cleaning solutions are multipurpose: That means that one product can be used to clean many areas of your home, from carpets to curtains and sofas and laminate flooring.
- They are easy to make: Due to simplicity of the ingredients included, and the fact that most are merely added to water, homemade floor cleaners are super easy to create.
Top recipes for all your homemade cleaners
There are a number of easy, go-to recipes for homemade floor cleaners and other cleaning solutions for every area of your home.
- Homemade tile floor cleaner: One of the best all-purpose homemade floor cleaners that will work particularly well on tile floors is to add two cups warm water to ½ cup of white vinegar, ¼ cup of surgical spirits and three drops of liquid dish soap.
- Homemade carpet shampoo: Simply adding ¼ teaspoon of a liquid dish soap into one cup of lukewarm water makes the perfect shampoo to wash your carpets.
- Homemade carpet stain remover: Combine one cup of white vinegar with two cups of water and two teaspoons of salt. Remember to blot stains and not rub them! Once the area you’ve treated has dried, simply vacuum your carpet to remove the stain.
- Homemade window cleaner: Alvin corn (also known as alcohol, vinegar and corn-starch) is the number one way to make your own window cleaner. Combine a ½ cup of white vinegar and ½ cup of surgical spirits with two tablespoons of corn-starch and four cups of water. Pop it into a spray bottle and away you go.
So, from making your own homemade carpet shampoo to knowing the top reasons to do so, you should now be prepared to keep your house in the best condition from top to bottom with cheap and natural alternatives to commercial products.
Always test any new product or method on small, inconspicuous area first before usage and wear protective gloves while cleaning.