Life is messy, but we live in a society which likes to save money and are becoming increasingly aware of the impact we have on the environment. This means knowing how to make and when to use homemade cleaning solutions like a homemade oven cleaner can really come in handy. So, whether you want to know how to clean an oven with lemon or simply want some homemade cleaning solutions to use around your home, we have some great tips for you.
What do you need for homemade oven cleaning solutions?
There are three products you should keep in your cupboards which are great for making homemade cleaning solutions. These include:
- Lemons: When you add a little lemon juice to salt on a sponge it makes the perfect brass cleaner for non-lacquered cabinet handles, bathroom fittings, and more.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a great all-purpose cleaner when added to water, from cleaning refrigerators to creating a great natural oven cleaner.
- White vinegar: With a bit of water and surgical spirit added, white vinegar can create a great homemade glass cleaner, or just adding water makes another good all-purpose cleaner.
Consider investing in some refillable spray bottles, allowing you to make homemade solutions in bulk and store them for later. Don’t forget to label your bottles, so you know what is in there.
When should use a natural oven cleaner?
Knowing when to use homemade oven cleaner is important, as sometimes the specialised products will do a better job, for example, if there is a heavy amount of dirt. Times you can include homemade cleaning solutions in your routine are:
- If you have kept on top of the cleaning around your home: if your house is in a relatively clean state to begin with, the homemade oven cleaner will work better.
- If you are a living on a tight budget: sometimes you need to save a bit of money here and there and making your own cleaning products is a great way of doing so.