Keep your bathroom clean and fresh by:
- Cleaning it regularly. Follow our bathroom cleaning routine to keep on top of things.
- Focusing on the toilet. Learn how to clean and banish smells from your toilet to ensure a fresh and beautiful bathroom.
- Use air fragrances. This is also a great way to create your own luxury spa at home!
Knowing how to clean your bathroom doesn’t necessarily equal knowing how to keep bathrooms clean and fresh. From sink smells to stained toilets, these useful tips will help you to keep your bathroom clean and smelling fresh before and after every use.
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
How to keep a bathroom smelling fresh
Learning how to keep a bathroom smelling fresh is easy when you follow these steps.
- Placing a small bowl of baking soda into your bathroom is a great way to absorb bad odours.
- Placing sliced lemons near your toilet will help to keep a fresh citrus smell in your bathroom, just remember to change the slices at least once a week.
- Mixing one part vodka to three parts of water and a few drops of essential oils makes a great homemade air freshener. Simply pop it in a spray bottle and keep it in the bathroom ready to use.
- A quick keep-bathroom-smelling-fresh tip is to pop a great-smelling toilet block like Domestos Power 5 on the rim of your toilet for lasting freshness, even after lengthy toilet visits. It also helps keep your toilet clean!
How to clean your bathroom to enhance the freshness
These handy tips will help you keep on top of your regular bathroom cleaning:
- Make sure you clean regularly, with a basic full clean at least once a week and a deep clean at least once a month.
- Use a cloth or sponge to clean down your shower and bath after every use.
- Regularly clean your toilet brush, after all to clean your toilet the brush needs to be clean.
- Don’t forget to wash your shower curtain regularly to prevent it from getting grotty.
How to make a bathroom smell fresh quickly
Is your bathroom smelling less than great just as you’re expecting guests? There are a few ways to make your bathroom smell nice and fresh quickly:
- Open a window, if possible.
- Place a plate of freshly sliced lemons on a shelf.
- A trusty air freshener is good to keep handy in case you’re in a real pinch.
- If your sink smells, use some Domestos Sink & Pipe Unblocker to get rid of the culprit.
Now you have some key steps for how to make a bathroom smell fresh and keep on top of the cleaning, you can be sure that you will no longer have to worry about sink smells and stained toilets.