You don’t need to book a day at the spa to get that star treatment you deserve. With some simple bathroom ideas, you can add luxurious finishing touches to your bathroom and turn it into your own home spa. From design tips to a natural air freshener recipe, these ideas will help you create the perfect space to relax and unwind in your own home.
Six simple bathroom ideas to create your own home spa
It's easy to achieve a luxury bathroom experience without installing a full-on spa bath at home. These simple steps can help you set the scene for spa-level pampering.
1. Create a natural home fragrance
With just a few ingredients, you can create a natural air freshener that will give your bathroom that spa-like feel. Simply combine the following ingredients in a spray bottle:
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 10 – 20 drops of your favourite essential oils; citrus scents work best
2. Decorate with neutral colours
Light, neutral colours provide a calm and soothing effect.
3. Add some house plants
A bit of greenery gives any room a positive, inviting feeling. Do a bit of research before you choose your plants – some plants love a humid bathroom, but others won’t survive in damp environments.
4. Add petals to your bath and candles to the room
Take your relaxation seriously after a long day and treat yourself to a spa bath at home with some little luxuries.
5. Focus on the details
Moving cotton balls and earbuds to jars is a classy touch and makes them easier to access, while storing fresh towels in fluffy rolls creates that perfect spa atmosphere.
6. Remove the clutter
From kids’ toys to cleaning products, take them out of the bathroom or store them out of sight in subtle, light-coloured storage to give the illusion of a clear, calming space.
Now you have some great tips for adding simple touches to your bathroom from a natural home fragrance to new, fluffy towels. These simple bathroom ideas will help you create the perfect spa-like space for you to relax and unwind in your own home.
- Make a simple, natural home fragrance to spray your bathroom with a relaxing spa scent.
- Pay attention to the details, from how you display your towels to the pretty finishing touches.
- Keep your bathroom clutter-free for a calm environment.