- Ladder storage can utilise vertical wall space.
- Mutli-rail towel storage helps dry towels without them smelling damp or taking up too much space.
- Hotels are masters of maximising space: why not try a hotel style towel rack?
- Use space under the sink where possible.
- Buy wire mesh baskets for dry towel storage.
Deciding how to store towels can be tricky, especially if you live in a shared house or flat. Thankfully, our clever towel storage ideas will help you learn where to hang damp towels to stop them smelling musty and how to prevent your towels getting mixed up with those of your housemates. And if you’re looking for top tips for how to wash your towels, we can help with that too!
Bathroom towel holder ideas
With our top towel storage ideas you can not only keep your towels organised but make the most of the space you have available.
- Try ladder storage. These storage shelves start with a larger shelf at the bottom and have tiered steps that make their way up to the smallest shelf at the top. They’re a great way to utilise the vertical space on your wall and you can use each shelf for different sized towels, with face cloths at the top and bath sheets at the bottom.
- Install multi-rail towel storage. These are a great way to give each towel a space to hang without using up too much wall space. There are multiple rails, and they pull out to a 90-degree angle or wider, allowing you to hang each towel without fear of it smelling damp as it dries.
- Fit a hotel style towel rack. Hotels often have the best ideas when it comes to maximising small spaces so why not use their ideas yourself? Dry towels can be stacked onto shelving high on the bathroom wall and a slatted shelf could be used to hang towels to dry.
- Utilise the space under your sink. Under sink storage is widely available, and you can purchase cupboards to store your dry towels, face cloths and more. Some come with shelves, others with drawers. Simply pick your favourite and fill it with all the bits you need to store.
- Buy some wire mesh baskets. These come in all different colours, so why not get a different colour for each household member. They are a great place to store your dry towels, whether you fold or roll them before putting them inside.
With our bathroom towel storage ideas, you can make the most of any space without worrying about getting towel mixed up or smelly.