A well made bed makes any room look tidier. Wash your sheets in Surf’s essential oil detergents and your room will be beautifully fragranced too.
There are two types of people in the world: those who love to tidy and those who most definitely do not. If you are part of the second group and don’t enjoy sorting out messy rooms then this article is for you. We’ve put together some top tips on ways to organise your room without having to make too much effort or spend too much time. Read on for our top tips for cleaning a messy bedroom.
Messy bedrooms: Getting to the root of the problem
Sometimes when rooms are untidy the real problem is the way they are laid out. It may simply be the case that the furniture placement and organisation of storage or possessions around the room makes it a lot more difficult to keep in order. So if your room is often messy, think of how to organise your bedroom to make tidying that little bit easier:
- If you store your things in boxes, make sure each one is accessible so that you’re not deterred from using them, or tempted to leave them open
- Place storage items carefully in your room so that they are always where you need them. For example, keep laundry baskets near where you get changed for bed so that dirty clothes can go straight where they’re meant to
- Avoid curtains or blinds that are hard to pull or move. That’s just an incentive to leave them where they are rather than opening and shutting them for day and night.
Top tips for cleaning a messy bedroom
Once you’ve made sure your bedroom is laid out in a way that makes it easy to tidy, it’s time to consider what other tips for dealing with messy bedrooms there are. There are plenty of small jobs you can do to get quick and easy results, which is perfect if you want to know how to clean my bedroom in minutes after receiving news of an unexpected visitor.
- Give surfaces a quick tidy by putting misplaced items in a box to sort out later. You should also give surfaces a quick wipe down to remove any marks or dust
- Empty your bins and throw out any rubbish
- Take any dirty crockery and put it in the kitchen - this can make a remarkable difference and if you have a dishwasher then you don’t need to worry about cluttering the kitchen either!
- Do a quick sweep of the floors with a hoover
- Open the windows to get a bit of fresh air into the room and help get rid of any bad odours
Clean linens – the secret to a messy room?
Want to hear our top tip for a tidy room? Make your bed! You’ll be surprised how much difference this one quick task can have on the overall appearance.
If you want to go the extra mile, then make sure your linens are clean and fresh too! Popping new sheets on your bed will give the room a lovely fresh scent and instantly transform the look and feel of the space. Try Surf’s essential oils range for an extra-homely feel.
With a newly made bed, fresh sheets, and a few quick tidying jobs you’ll never have to worry about your room looking messy again.