- Use our checklist to make sure everything is prepared in advance.
- Always pack food that is easy to prepare and eat.
- Check your picnic spot has everything you need e.g. public toilets nearby.
- Don’t forget to take your rubbish away with you when you leave.
- Always have a backup plan.
Whether it’s a romantic alfresco dining experience for two or a big family picnic, preparation is the key to success. Having plenty of quick, easy picnic ideas will certainly help. Read on for top tips, tricks and picnic lunch ideas to help you prepare for your upcoming picnic like a pro.
Picnic basket ideas
There are a handful of items that you need to not forget when it comes to packing up your picnic basket.
1. Make sure your basket is big enough to fit whatever you need in it (consider how many of you are going!
2. A rug or blanket (or more than one if it’s not big enough for the whole group!)
3. Disposable plates, cups and cutlery – keep it green by using recyclable materials.
4. A cool bag (or some ice) will help to keep chilled foods fresh.
5. If you’re looking for picnic basket ideas for a special occasion, pack some decorations! Seasonal decorations, bunting or happy birthday signs can be great for a picnic party.
6. Always leave the picnic area as you found it, so make sure you take a bag or two to pack away your rubbish.
7. Don’t forget some hand wipes! Inevitably someone will get mucky hands or faces.
Picnic ideas checklist
Now you have all the tips and tricks you need to plan the best picnic food and remember everything you need to take, why not use this checklist to make sure nothing is left behind?
- Always plan in advance: make yourself a task list.
- Create a shopping list with everything you need.
- Don’t forget to consider any guests who may have specific dietary requirements.
- Sandwiches, sliced fruit and ready to eat treats make things quick and easy once at the picnic site, allowing you to enjoy the time there too.
- A sturdy picnic basket is the ideal choice.
- Use ice or a cool bag to keep items cold.
- Take bin bags, kitchen towels, wipes, and recyclable cutlery, cups and crockery.
- Check out the location in advance to ensure it has everything you need, from picnic benches to public toilets nearby.
- Always have a back-up option. Ultimately the weather can change, so make sure you’re prepared if you need to take your picnic indoors.
From the easy picnic food ideas to preparing everything in advance with our checklist, you can be sure your picnic will go off without a hitch!