Creating a smart home is a big trend these days in the world of household cleaning. Everyone wants to know how to make a smart home and hear about the most recent smart home ideas. But what is a smart home really and what does creating one actually involve? In this article we go through what you need when it comes to making a smart home and consider the different technology you have to choose from.
What is a smart house?
A smart house is one which employs technology intelligently to reduce human labour. When it comes to smart home cleaning, this usually involves using automated or robotic cleaning devices that do all the hard work so you don’t have to. Whether it’s mopping the floor, cleaning the oven or getting rid of dust, there’s pretty much a machine for everything.
“Do you have any tips on how to make my home smart, then?”
- Get a robot vacuum cleaner: This is probably what most people think of first when they consider how to make a smart home. Robot vacuum cleaners are the most widely used of all automated cleaning machines. Prices range widely, but getting a small vacuuming robot can be cost effective in terms of the time it saves you doing the task yourself. Simply set up the machine to run while you’re out and you’ll come back to beautiful dust-free carpets.
- Electrify your scrubbing technique: If you’re asking yourself “how to make my home smart?” chances are you already have. Anyone who uses an electric toothbrush is already using smart technology. Why not bring this kind of gadget to one of the most-dreaded cleaning tasks: scrubbing your hob? The electric hob scrubber works very like an electric toothbrush, using a fast, pulsating motion to get rid of even the most stubborn bits of dirt.
- Employ an automated microwave cleaner: Despite being small, this piece of technology is mighty. No one cleans the inside of their microwave as much as they should and it’s exactly for these types of tasks that smart home ideas come in handy. The automated microwave cleaner works by producing steam in your microwave when heated, which helps lift off dirt, grime and grease. Simply wipe away once finished with a good quality cleaning spray and voilà: a good-as-new device!
Those are just three smart home ideas that are easy to implement. Creating a smart home isn’t about catapulting yourself into the future, it’s simply about using smart home cleaning mechanisms to make your regular household chores that little bit easier.
If you’re thinking of making a smart home, here are the key steps:
- Begin by listing the kinds of tasks that take up the most time in your cleaning routine.
- Research online to find which products might do these tasks for you.
- Buy one piece of kit at a time so you get used to it before moving onto the next.