- Use a soft-bristle brush to remove dirt.
- Use a soft cloth and washing-up liquid to clean your case.
- Use a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol for stains.
- Stubborn stains can be removed with a baking soda and water paste.
- Bleach and water can brighten a yellowed clear or white case.
We use our phones everywhere, all the time, so why don’t we clean them? Here we’ll share a simple step-by-step guide for how to clean silicone or clear plastic phone cases to leave them sanitised and sparkling clean.
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
How to clean silicone cases or clear phone cases: a step-by-step guide
Time to get that phone case nice and clean! With these simple step-by-step guides, we’ll show how to clean silicone phone cases or clear phone cases quickly and easily.
Protect your phone while cleaning your phone case by removing the case from your phone during the cleaning process.
The following guide will show you how to clean a clear phone case or silicone case:
- With a soft-bristled brush, clean away any surface dust and dirt.
- Wash the case using a soft cloth dipped in warm water and a little mild soap or washing-up liquid.
- If there are any other stains, use a toothbrush dipped in rubbing alcohol to gently scrub the case clean.
- For stubborn stains, make a homemade paste from baking soda and water.
- Rub the paste over the surface of the stain.
- Allow to sit for several hours.
- Rinse the case with clean, plain water.
- Allow to air-dry.
- If you have a clear or white case which has started to yellow, a diluted mixture of bleach and water should help to bring the brightness back to your phone case.
Your phone case isn’t the only phone accessory you may need to clean. Check out our article on how to clean an iPhone speaker, too.
Now you have everything you need to know about how to clean a phone case, your phone will be looking smart again before you know it! While you’re cleaning the case, why not check out our articles on how to keep your smartphone clean, and how to clean your iPhone, too ?