If you're having problems getting decent sound from your iPhone, you may want to look at the condition of the speaker. A grimy speaker will likely produce less and lower quality sound, so you'll want to clean your iPhone speaker on a regular basis to get rid of daily build-up of dirt. Here we explain how to clean speakers on iPhone and other top tips on keeping your audio technology in great condition.
How to clean your iPhone speaker: a step-by-step guide
If you’re wondering how to clean iPhone ear speakers or those on similar smart phones, here’s a handy guide:
- The first step when it comes to how to clean iPhone speakers is, perhaps unexpectedly, to wash your hands to avoid transferring any grease or dirt to your phone. Dry your hands thoroughly afterwards using a clean towel.
- Now your hands are ready, you can start the process to clean iPhone speakers: begin by getting a soft bristle toothbrush. This usually means one that’s already been used as it softens up the bristles, but make sure it’s clean first! Alternatively children’s toothbrushes tend to be softer than adult ones.
- Use the toothbrush to gently brush the speaker port. When you clean iPhone ear speakers, be sure not to push down too hard or insert the bristles too far as this can cause damage. Just a bit of light friction should dislodge any pieces of dirt.
- Give your phone a very gentle shake to help remove the loosened pieces. If you want to see what was inside, shake onto a piece of blank white paper as this will show up what comes out.
- If anything remains, it’s best to hand your phone over to an expert for cleaning. People sometimes use compressed air or scotch tape to try and remove grime, but these techniques risk doing more harm than good. If in doubt, leave it to the experts.
Keeping audio technology in good condition
Now you know how to clean iPhnoe speakers, it’s worth sharing the love with the other audio technology in your life. There are a few things you can do to ensure your speakers, earphones and other gadgets are well-maintained:
- Store cables straight, or at least not bent double. Bending cables weakens the wires inside.
- Dust your equipment regularly. When dust gets into any piece of kit it can wreak havoc so don’t let it build up.
- Never clean too vigorously. Too much elbow grease and your favourite speaker or pair of headphones might just not cope.
By knowing how to clean iPhone ear speaker and similar technology you’ll keep your favourite pieces of equipment in good condition, making sure they last that little bit longer. Not only does this make them a better investment, but also ensure you can listen to your favourite band, song or podcast without any annoying interruptions!
To clean iPhone speakers and similar ports on other phones:
- Wash hands thoroughly
- Use a soft-bristled brush to dislodge any dirt
- Shake gently to remove the dirt