- Never tamper with your Xbox One as this will void the warranty.
- Use a pin to stop the fan blades moving.
- Spray compressed air to blow dust from the fan, USB ports and disc tray.
- Use a microfibre cloth to clean surface dust.
- Clean the Xbox One’s wires.
Knowing how to clean an Xbox Oneconsole and controller is an important part of your console care. Ensuring you clean your Xbox One and controller properly will help you keep them in good working order. Here we’ll show you an easy step-by-step guide to Xbox One cleaning. If you’ve got other devices that need a clean, why not read our article on cleaning laptops and electronic devices here or how to clean a PS4 here.
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
Xbox One cleaning: The dos and don’ts of dusting and cleaning your Xbox One
Before learning how to clean a Xbox one, there are some dos and don’ts to be aware of:
- DO ask for Microsoft or Microsoft-approved support if you think that dust or dirt has caused damage to your console requiring repair.
- DO clean your Xbox One on a dry, flat surface or table.
- DON’T clean your Xbox One if it is on, or you still have it plugged in at the wall.
- DON’T open your Xbox One, especially if it’s under warranty. Tampering with the casing of your Xbox One voids your warranty with Microsoft.
- DON’T ever use water or cleaning liquids when cleaning an Xbox One, which could do more harm than good.
What do you need for Xbox One cleaning?
Before you start cleaning your Xbox One and controller, gather these supplies:
- Compressed air can
- Long pin
- Clean microfibre cloth
- Thin card such as a business card
How to clean your Xbox One: a 10-step guide to having a dust-free, clean Xbox One
If you’re wondering how to clean an Xbox One controllerand console, just follow these steps! Read on to find everything you need to know about Xbox One cleaning:
- Always start by unplugging your Xbox One and removing the controller battery.
- Place your console on a dry, flat surface such as a countertop or table.
- Place a pin through the vents of your console, far enough in to prevent the fan from spinning during the cleaning process. Ensure you do not push it in to far so it cannot be retrieved. Hold in place for the next step.
- Blow short bursts of air into the vents to remove the dust from the fan using your compressed air can. Alternatively, use a vacuum to suck out the dust.
- Use a few bursts of compressed air to blow dusts from USB ports and the disc tray.
- Use a clean, dry microfibre cloth to clean the surface and sides of your Xbox One.
- Fold the cloth in half and use the clean side to wipe down the wires.
- To achieve a clean Xbox One controller, first remove dust and dirt from the directional pad, joysticks and gap between the top and bottom of the controller using the business card to scrape it out.
- Use a clean microfibre cloth to fully wipe down the surface of your controller. If you have stubborn marks or sticky spots slightly dampen the cloth. Ensure that no water gets into your controller or the battery area.
- Clean your console or TV stand, wherever it is you keep your console before putting everything back in place.
With our easy ten-step guide for how to clean your Xbox One, you can keep your gaming sessions going knowing your console is clean and ready for another round!