Every home owner would probably love to spring clean their home every year, but they just don’t think they have the time. It takes a long while to clean every room from top to bottom! Luckily, you can change that with our tips and tricks on how to spring clean your house quickly.
What is spring cleaning?
Spring cleaning is an annual tradition in which home-owners do a thorough clean of their home. Usually, every room in the house is included, which is why it can take so long, and things you may not usually clean are given the attention they need. Planning your spring clean before you get to it is a great way to help speed things up and make sure you don’t miss anything you need to do.
Spring cleaning list of supplies
First things first, stock up on supplies from this spring cleaning checklist so you don’t have any delays once you get going:
You can add and remove supplies as you need to, personalising the list for your own cleaning routine.
Create a spring cleaning plan
Knowing how to deep clean your house quickly is all about preparation and planning. Knowing what you’re going to do and how you’re going to do it before you begin will speed up the process a whole lot!
For example, you should create a plan of where you’re going to start cleaning and how you’ll work your way through the house. Then, create a secondary plan of what you’ll need to do in each room.
Deep cleaning house checklist
Follow our spring cleaning tips and deep cleaning checklist to put together that room-by-room cleaning plan we were just talking about:
- Kitchen: Load dishwasher, spray down kitchen tops with Cif Power & Shine Kitchen Spray, hoover and mop the floor with a good floor cleaner like Cif Floor Expert Kitchen Cleaner.
- Living spaces: Hoover the floor, polish and dust surfaces, clean mirrors and glass surfaces, tidy away all objects not in their place.
- Bedrooms: Put away clothes and items, hoover, polish and dust, change bed-sheets.
- Bathroom: Spray all appliances and surfaces with a good bathroom cleaner like Cif Power & Shine Bathroom Spray and wipe down, put bleach in the toilet, mop the floor, collect all towels and bathroom mats for laundry, clean mirrors and glass surfaces.
- Laundry: Collect the bed-sheets, towels, dirty clothes and everything else you’ve picked up and sort out, ready for the laundry.