Once you’re equipped with some of the best tips for doing laundry, it’s easy to get it done quickly and effectively first time. All you have to do is try out our laundry hacks and follow some key steps:
- Separate your laundry as you go along
- Keep your laundry area tidy
- Give yourself plenty of space to work in
- Wash in the morning, particularly if you’re going to be doing indoor laundry drying
- Keep stocked up on washing detergent and stain removal ingredients
If you let it, laundry can quickly pile up, both before and after washing. But you can make things a lot easier with a few laundry hacks and simple organisation tips for home. Read our best tips for doing laundry and help your home get organised.
Timesaving laundry hacks
No one wants to spend ages doing their washing, and with our simple tips for doing laundry you can take a lot of time out of the process:
- Separate clothes into lights, darks, and delicates as you go – one of the best organisation tips for home is to get as much work done before the actual task
- Organise your laundry area too. Keep things tidy and they’ll be much easier to find
- Always have at least one basket to hand so you’re not left struggling with a load of washing
- Familiarise yourself with your machine. Take time to figure out all the functions and what they do so you can pick the appropriate cycle for your wash with ease
- Have a back up laundry kit readily available. This is one of the simplest laundry ideas to implement and means keeping spare stores of your favourite detergent
Laundry ideas that’ll get the job done effectively and easy
Employing easy-to-follow organisation tips for home will definitely make doing the laundry less time-consuming. There’s plenty of other laundry hacks to make the whole process easier too. Here are a few other top tips for doing laundry:
- Attack stains as soon as you see them – there’s much more chance of getting them out in the first wash this way
- Make sure you’ve got plenty of room to sort clothes
- If you’re doing indoor laundry drying, wash clothes in the morning so you’ve got all day to get things dry
- Put your best clothes on hangers. They’re great for drying and will save time on the ironing too!
- Use a detergent with a long-lasting fragrance to keep clothes smelling great –something like Surf’s Tropical Lily and Ylang Ylang Washing Capsules works a treat
- Have a look at these four ways of doing laundry fast to get it out of the way quickly
With a few laundry ideas like these, laundry will no longer be a chore, it’ll be a breeze!