When you’re preparing for an event during which guests are required to sit down for dinner, dinner table décor is almost as important as providing a good meal. From centrepiece inspiration to using a seating plan, here you can find party table ideas to pull off the best event without a hitch.
Dinner party table decoration ideas
You may think you don’t need to make too much of an effort for a dinner party you’re hosting for friends. However, these table setting ideas will show you how a little effort goes a long way to creating a fabulous dinner party that will be talked about for months.
- Make sure your tableware matches. From matching place settings, to plates to cutlery, having matching sets for each guest will bring uniformity to your table.
- Make a statement. Whether you choose a beautiful table cloth, have a bright, eye-catching table runner or simple choose crystal glasses, there are many ways to make your table layout stand out.
- Add seasonal flowers. A small vase filled with bright, seasonal flowers is a great way to add a bit of colour to your table. Make sure that you keep them below the eye-line though, so they don’t stop people from speak to each other around the table.
- Get crafty. Why not try making your own mason jar tealight candle holder or another handmade table decoration? These not only look great but are also the perfect conversation starter, and they could even be used as gifts for guests.
Top tips for choosing wedding table settings
If you’re looking for party table ideas for one of the biggest days in your life, then make sure you check out our tips below:
- Consider the size of your venue. If you have chosen a big, bold venue, choose statement pieces to decorate. Bold colours and oversized floral centrepieces are the perfect wedding table settings here. Alternatively, for more intimate receptions, a tall vase with a single flower could be all that is needed.
- Tie the decorations into the theme of your wedding. Whether you have chosen a seasonal theme like spring or winter wonderland, or even something specific to you as a couple, be sure to fit your decorations to it.
- Stay safe. Always double check with the venue what options you have available to you, especially if you are considering using candles within your centrepieces or décor.
Now you have some of our top table setting ideas and advice for events from dinner parties to weddings. With our inspiration and tips, you can be sure to put together an event that everyone will love and enjoy.
- Consider the type of event you are hosting, and plan decorations accordingly.
- Make sure that the centrepieces you choose are appropriate to the venue size.
- Keep your table settings uniform with matching cutlery and tableware.
- Make sure you stay safe if using candles as part of the décor.