- Think outside the box for storage solutions by using upcycled jars or cutlery trays.
- Utilise wall space to clear the surface of your dressing table by hanging shelves and mirrors.
- Keep good quality cleaners handy for after you’ve done your makeup and a homemade cleaner for cleaning your brushes regularly.
There are many things that can add to a stressful morning when you are trying to get ready, without your beauty products being a mess on your dressing table or other surfaces in your room. Did you know there are some easy ways to organise make-up to enjoy a tidy space and save time when getting ready? Here we’ll share easy dressing table and desk ideas, including cleaning the space and our top makeup storage solutions.
Top five jewellery and makeup storage solutions
These makeup organisation ideas will have your dressing table neat and tidy and allow you to maintain order:
- Using a cutlery tray in your bedroom may not be your first thought, but it is a great way to organise make-up as it is divided into sections.
- Keep your makeup brushes upright and organised by upcycling old glass candles once any remaining wax has been cleaned out.
- Clear the surface of the dressing table by investing in a magnetic board to hang on the wall behind. Glue magnets to the base of your makeup and attach them to the board when not in use.
- Place your makeup on an old cupcake stand. Use each layer to separate different types, for example eye makeup on one, lipsticks and glosses on another.
- Put up a shelf and screw hooks underneath. Your makeup can go on the shelf and jewellery like necklaces and bracelets can hang from the hooks.
Cleaning your dressing table ideas and tips
Now that you’ve got your dressing table organised, here’s our top tips for cleaning the space.
- Make a solution of two-parts washing up liquid and one-part olive oil to use as a cleaner for your makeup brushes and sponges. Upcycle an old jam jar, decorate it with ribbon or fabric, and keep your cleaner at the ready.
- Inevitably you will end up with eye shadow powder or drops of foundation on your dressing table, especially if you’re in a rush in the morning. Keep good quality products like Cif at the ready to keep the area clean and bacteria-free.
Placement of your makeup table ideas
- After getting your dressing table clean and organised, use these tips to make sure you’ve got it in the right place in your room:
- Put your dressing table near natural light. Makeup always looks different in daylight, so to ensure you look your best, place your dressing table near a window.
- Utilise wall space. Having your dressing table near a wall means you can add shelves, boards and mirrors to the wall, keeping the surface of the table clear.
Now you have some great makeup organisation ideas, including how to maintain the cleaning and tidying of the area. All that’s is left to do now is to enjoy using our makeup table ideas to create the perfect beauty station for you and save time getting ready.