- Place your mirror somewhere it can reflect the light-source.
- Use big mirrors to make a small room feel bigger.
- Choose a frame which matches your room décor.
- Be a little adventurous and cover an entire wall with mirror tiles.
- Keep your mirror clean using a good quality product like Cif.
Knowing how to hang a mirror correctly can add a little something extra to your home. They are a great way to add some light to dark rooms as well as make small spaces feel larger. We have more information on how to clean mirrors and leave them streak free here.
Bathroom mirror ideas
The first place you are likely to want to place a mirror is in your bathroom. After all, it is the place you most often get ready for work or going out. For bathroom mirror ideas despite being the most obvious, you will still need to give it a bit of thought.
- Add a bit of extra interest to your bathroom look by adding some decorations to the frame. Mirror decoration ideas could include pretty shells or photos of family members.
- Don’t forget about the size. Make sure you measure the wall space before making your purchase.
- Consider the placement. While many people opt for a mirror above the sink, a full-length vertical mirror is a great way to add height and depth to smaller bathroom.
Bedroom mirror ideas
You may have heard of the Feng Shui principle that mirrors can’t be hung in bedrooms. However, a nicely hung mirror is a must have accessory for your bedroom, especially if you don’t have a separate dressing room. Consider hanging a mirror in one of the following places:
- On the door. A full-length mirror hung on the back of your bedroom door is a great way to have a mirror without taking up any space.
- Try tilting the mirror. If you hang a mirror high on the wall at a downward tilt, your mirror will reflect more of the room and make it feel bigger.
- Think about purchasing mirrored furniture. Items including a mirrored chest of drawers or beside table can enhance your room without taking extra wall space.
- Add mirrors to your headboard. This wall is usually the focal point of a bedroom. Adding mirrors can ensure you’ll get an eye-catching look.
Breaking a mirror may not bring you bad luck as the old superstition suggests, but it could cause an injury! Always handle broken pieces with care, ensuring children and pets are kept out of the way.
Living room mirror ideas
Mirrors are the best way to add sophistication and personality to your living room. If you’re stuck for living room mirror ideas, picture these in your space:
- Hang mirrors in a group. If you want to add character to a space, hanging mirrors in a group leaving equal space between each mirror is a great choice.
- Consider the height of the ceiling. Tall rooms benefit from vertical mirrors, however long rooms do better with a horizontally-set mirrors.
- Make a statement with dramatic mirrors. These work especially well if there is a beautiful chandelier or eye-catching modern lamp to reflect.
- Feeling adventurous? Try covering a section of the wall entirely in mirror!
From mirror decoration ideas to out-of-the-box solutions, you can be sure to add a wonderful finishing touch to the look and functionality of your home with these mirror ideas.