We’ve all been there. That moment when we need a particular product such as an oven cleaner, only to find out that it has run out! You need not fret, however, because this article will teach you how to clean oven with baking soda and vinegar, ensuring that you get that sparkle back into your oven ready for cooking.
Has your cleaning regime changed during the Covid-19 lockdown?
7 steps to get a clean oven with baking soda
These seven baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda) oven cleaning steps are easy to follow and will help you clean down and degrease your oven.
- Turn off your oven, including the gas.
- Make sure the kitchen is well ventilated, from turning on your extractor fan to opening the windows.
- Remove everything from your oven, including the oven racks.
- Mix ½ a cup of baking soda with three tablespoons of water, or enough water to create a paste.
- Rub the paste over the interior of your oven. Ensure you take care to avoid the heating elements.
- Allow it the paste to rest for approximately 12 hours or alternatively leave it overnight.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe away the grease and left over mixture (which will likely be brown in colour now).
How to clean oven with baking soda and vinegar
Once you have finished cleaning oven with baking soda, there may still be some stubborn grease marks leftover. When it comes to these stubborn stains, spray white vinegar onto them as it will help shift the grease as it reacts with the baking soda.
3 top tips for preventing your oven from getting dirty
After spending time cleaning oven with bicarb soda, you want to avoid it getting dirty again. These 3 steps will help.
- Always line the base of your oven with an oven sheet or foil to catch any unwanted mess.
- Roast meat and fish in cooking bags to prevent fat from spitting in your oven.
- After you’re finished cooking, pop a bowl of water in on high heat for around 20 minutes. After it has cooled, wipe the oven down with a paper towel.
So whether it is stocking up on Cif Oven Cleaner for its grime busting, quick oven cleaning potential or understanding how to clean oven with baking soda, you now have all the tips you need to get your oven in tip top shape.
- Always keep your kitchen well ventilated while using a baking soda and vinegar oven cleaner.
- Keep a bottle of Cif Oven Cleaner handy for those times you might need a quick, easy option to clean down your oven; and for cleaning out stubborn stains.