- Essential kitchen appliance cleaning tools you need are: microfibre cloths and a spray container filled with a mixture of water and lemon juice, or vinegar.
- Be sure to unplug your appliances and do not get any heating elements wet.
Are you wondering how you can clean your kitchen appliances? This article will cover some general principles for cleaning household appliances with step-by-step tips on how to clean a microwave. Cleaning your appliances couldn’t be easier with this guide!
For most household appliances you’ll need the following:
- A couple of microfibre cloths.
- A multi-purpose cleaner like Cif Actifizz Lemon or a spray container filled with water mixed with lemon juice or white vinegar. Just be sure to check your cleaning solution on a small area of you appliance first.
Make sure you unplug all appliances before cleaning and remember to always read the information provided by the manufacturer for specific cleaning advice for your appliance.
The process of cleaning any appliance in the kitchen is relatively simple:
- Spray the cloth and wipe down the surface of the appliance.
- If you’re cleaning an appliance with a removable part for catching crumbs or other waste food, remove it and clean it thoroughly.
- For items like toasters (which have a tendency to accumulate debris), shake them out over the bin. Do not get the heating elements of the toaster wet.
- Dislodge anything in hard to reach places using a dry toothbrush.
Remember to always read the information provided by the manufacturer for guidance.
This video guide will give you a clearer picture of how best to clean your toaster: