Homemade Remedies for Turmeric Stain Removal
You can also try using homemade solutions, too, if you want to tackle turmeric stains.
Remember, before applying any new cleaning product or method, read the care label of the garment and test it on a small, hidden area beforehand. Read the label on any commercial products you use for the best results.
Hydrogen peroxide (for white clothes):
- Fill a spray bottle with one part 20% volume hydrogen peroxide and nine parts water.
- Spray liberally onto the stained area(s), and leave to soak in for around four hours.
- Machine wash the garment with detergent, as directed on the care label.
- Rinse the stain thoroughly with warm water.
- Mix an equal solution of glycerine and water and apply to the stained area.
- Finally, rinse again and machine washes as usual with a biological detergent.
While providing a piquant counterbalance to turmeric in a chicken dish, lemon can also be used to get turmeric stains out of clothes:
- Slice a lemon in half.
- Squeeze onto the stain.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Wash normally, following the directions on the label.