Unlike other bed linen such as flat sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers, the puckered corners of a fitted sheet can be a bit of a nightmare to fold. When folding a fitted sheet, use our simple guide to help you master the art in no time.
How to make folding a fitted sheet easier
There are a few steps you can take to ensure that you can fold a fitted sheet quickly and easily:
- Ensure your sheets are fully dry before folding.
- If using a tumble dryer, fold your sheet straight out of the dryer whilst it is still warm.
- Alternatively, iron your sheets and fold them immediately after ironing.
Do you use powder, capsules or liquid to wash your clothes?
Ten steps for how to fold a fitted sheet
Folding bed sheets is easy when you follow these steps:
- Firstly, drape your fitted sheet over your hands.
- With the top two corners inside out and holding the elastic edge towards you, put one hand into the top corners.
- Fold your fitted sheet in half vertically by putting the right corner over the left corner and creating a pocket.
- Turn your fitted sheet 180 degrees. Create a second pocket at the other end.
- Tuck the gathered edges into each other.
- Next, fold the fitted sheet in half again, flipping the right corners over the left corners so all four fitted corners are together.
- Lay the sheet onto a flat surface such as a bed.
- Fold the longer part of the curved edge towards the centre of the sheet to create a straight edge.
- The sheet should now be a rectangle, so fold it as you would a normal flat sheet.
- Fold the sheet lengthwise until it is the size you want before putting it away in your linen cupboard.
Now we have given you all the tips you need to know how to fold a fitted sheet in seconds you can be sure that as soon as they’re clean, dry and ironed you can put them away quickly and easily.