How to get cherry stains out of clothes
Finding cherry stains on clothes can be so frustrating, but it is easier than you think to get the stains out and your clothes ready to wear again:
- Be sure to scrape off any solid cherry bits before trying to remove cherry stains using a dull knife, the edge of a spoon or even the side of your credit card.
- Pre-treat the cherry stain with a small amount of Persil Bio Liquid, using the stain remover ball to gently work the detergent into the fibres.
- Leave the detergent to work on the stain for 15–30 minutes.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine at 30 degrees with some more Persil Bio Liquid.
- Let the garment air-dry to make sure the stain is gone and doesn’t set in the fabric.
If the garment comes out with the stain still on, try using an enzyme-based stain remover to break down the stain. Allow fifteen minutes after spraying your clothes for the enzymes to really work on the cherry stain and then wash as normal.
How to remove cherry stains from carpets
When it comes to removing cherry stains from carpets, you need to be careful to never rub at the cherry stain as this will simply push the stain deeper into the carpet fibres. Instead, follow these three easy steps to lift the cherry stain from your carpet:
- Use a dull knife or the edge of a spoon to gently pick up any cherry pieces solid enough to remove in one from the carpet.
- Blot up as much moisture as possible using a paper towel or old cloth working from the outside of the stain in toward the centre to prevent the stain spreading.
- Add one teaspoon washing up liquid to two cups of lukewarm water, and using a sponge or paper towel blot the cherry stain again, moving the sponge or paper towel to around in your hand to use a new clean area as the stain is transferred out of the carpet.
- Rinse the carpet by blotting at the area where the cherry stains were with clean, plain water, ensuring there is detergent residue left over.
So, if you find a cherry stain on clothes and other fabrics around your home, you now have all the information you need to be able to get rid of the stain and get on with your day.