Key steps to supporting sustainability
- Look for brands that advocate sustainable practices and run sustainable initiatives.
- Do what you can to be more sustainable at home by adjusting daily habits.
- Consider sustainability in all parts of your life - food, fashion, Christmas ... everything can be made a little greener!
Even though we all do what we can to make our homes sustainable, there is still so much out of our hands. We inherently rely on the brands we choose to clean with to make environmentally sustainable choices in their supply chain. Fortunately, there are some top brands using their influence for good – companies like these are mindful of energy economy, constantly looking to cut back on water consumption, and not afraid to have a conversation about it!
Read on for more information about the brands that contribute to sustainability:
Three examples of sustainable innovation
- Sun regularly promotes the fact that machine dishwashers use up to 85% water than washing by hand… we had to look that up too! By running full dishwashers instead of leaving the tap running while doing your washing up by hand, you can have an immediate and positive impact on the energy economy, which is the relationship between supply and use of energy in our society. Whether that’s gas, electricity, or water consumption, every bit helps!
- Persil have highlighted great ideas about how to live more sustainably. Concentrated bottles which require 40% less packaging than a standard bottle; correct doses; and washing on a cool temperature are all important.
- Domestos has partnered with UNICEF to promote World Toilet Day, the goal being to raise awareness of the sanitation crisis around the world. Without access to basic sanitation, children and women are not only at risk for disease but also abuse and a lower quality of education. Communities at risk are the best example of the necessity of responsible water use, worldwide.
For more information on what these and other environmentally friendly brands are doing for the environment, visit Unilever’s Sustainable Lifestyle section. You can get started today and do your part to protect the world we live in.