We’re all in the fight against global warming together and are becoming more aware of the problems we face. Follow these steps to do your bit and see how small lifestyle changes can provide easy climate change solutions. With our 5 ways to stop global warming you can start making a difference from the comfort of your own home.
How can we prevent global warming?
Our use of unsustainable energy sources such as fossil fuels is causing damage to the earth’s atmosphere. This results in a large-scale and long-term changes to weather patterns which we rely on to provide seasonal weather for the crops and livestock which provide us with all-important food.
When it comes to understanding how to fight global warming, we all need to do our part. It may not seem like much but small changes to your lifestyle could encourage others to do the same. The more of us that make changes, the bigger the impact.
What can we do about global warming? 5 ways to stop global warming
Here are five easy ways to stop global warming with simple changes at home:
- Reduce, reuse and recycle. One of the quickest and easiest ways to stop global warming is to consider the 3 Rs. Containers and bottles can often be reused, upcycled or repurposed. Start buying products that do not have plastic packaging or have recyclable options. Finally recycle everything you can by checking what is available in your area. Read more tips at: Reduce, reuse, recycle: Ideas for your home.
- Change your commute. Instead of using the car, try to walk, cycle or scooter when you can. For longer journeys, carshare or make use of public transport. Switch to electric or hybrid vehicles to keep your emissions as low as possible.
- Invest in long-life, reusable products. This could be in the form of products like bamboo toothbrushes, cloth nappies and wipes, and canvas or cotton shoppers.
- Make the energy switch. Switch to renewable options or install your own solar panels to generate green energy.
- Eat plant-based meals. Diets built around plants are great for the environment as they reduce the need for the space and energy required for the meat production industry. They are also better for your health.
Our top tips for how to help stop global warming will help you make simple lifestyle adjustments to protect the environment for future generations. If we all do our part, one step at a time the world will be a brighter and better place.
Start your journey to preventing global warming by:
- Reducing, reusing and recycling what you can.
- Investing in long-term reusable products like cotton shoppers and cloth nappies.
- Ditching the car in favour of walking, cycling or scootering.
- Using renewable energy to power your home and moving to a hybrid or electric car.
- Trying to eat a plant-based diet or more plant-based meals.