With a bit of preparation and the right bathroom cleaning products, cleaning all the parts of the bathroom can be easy and quick!
When you’re thinking about how to clean a bathroom, aside from scrubbing the toilet, sink, and bath or shower, what else comes to mind? What about those much overlooked bathroom accessories: the soap dish, toothbrush holder, and the toilet brush? These objects are also magnets for bacteria and should be regularly cleaned. Below are a few great bathroom cleaning tips that demonstrate how everyday household items can easily be used as bathroom cleaners to tackle those overlooked accessories. Remember, always be sure to wear protective clothing when using cleaning products and keep the bathroom area well ventilated.
How to Clean a Toothbrush Holder
Of all the accessories in your bathroom, the toothbrush holder is perhaps the most important to keep clean, as any germs can easily transfer to your toothbrush and then to your body, via your mouth – something to bear in mind if you’re struggling for cleaning motivation! How you clean your toothbrush holder will depend on what you keep your toothbrushes in; an old glass or simple metal holder can just be stuck in the dishwasher once a week, but ceramic toothbrush holders are trickier to care for.
Here comes our first unusual bathroom cleaner:
- Denture cleaning solution – designed both for oral use and for the removal of bacteria, it’s perfect for cleaning your toothbrush holder. Simply soak the holder in denture cleaner, and then rinse off, and your holder should be as good as new.
How to Clean a Soap Dish
A build-up of soap scum in your soap dish is thankfully relatively easy to avoid:
- Buy a soap dish that has a run off spout to allow the moisture and liquid that builds up under your soap to run off into the sink.
- Remove soap scum with a paste made from one tablespoon baking soda and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the paste to your soap dish and then scrub with a brush and rinse.
- This routine should be repeated once a week.