If you’re wondering how to keep a toilet clean, it’s not just about having the right toilet cleaning materials to hand – it’s important to keep your cleaning accessories sanitized as well. So we all need to know how to clean a toilet brush and toilet plunger thoroughly and effectively: disinfecting these accessories is an essential part of ensuring your bathroom is as hygienic as possible.
Fortunately, cleaning a toilet brush is pretty simple, as household tasks go – and it’s a natural step to take after you’ve scrubbed the toilet bowl. So make sure you have a clean toilet brush with the toilet cleaning tips in our comprehensive guide.
How to Clean a Toilet Brush
A clean toilet brush makes a more effective toilet freshener, as well as helping to keep your toilet clean. An efficient method is to soak the toilet brush in bleach – the best toilet bowl cleaners usually contain bleach as an active ingredient, so you might not need a separate product. Before applying this technique, do remember to read the product label for application instructions, paying particular attention to any safety guidelines – bleach is a powerful product.
You will need:
- Domex Toilet Cleaner
- Rubber gloves (make sure to use a pair that you only use to clean the toilet or the bathroom – not a pair that you would use to do the dishes!)
- Bucket or container
- Fill a bucket with hot water.
- Add two-three capsules of bleach (see the bottle label for advice on this).
- Put your toilet brush in the bucket and leave for an hour.
- Take the brush out and rinse under hot water.
- Once the toilet brush is dry, place it back in the holder.