Just bought a leather jacket and wondering how you’re going to take care of it? Then check out this handy guide from us here.
- Not all leather jackets are created equally. When in doubt, trust the judgement of the people who made it. Check the label.
- Talcum powder is amazing for absorbing grease stains, while other deep stains can be removed by rubbing them very gently with a hard eraser.
- For leather conditioning, use products that contain wax or silicone, which can dry out the leather.
- Avoid products which contain mineral oil or petroleum. Saddle soap is bad too.
- Hanging the jacket on a clothes hanger should prevent and remove minor wrinkles. In case that doesn’t work, set the iron on the lowest possible heat setting, place the leather under a cloth, and iron the cloth quickly and briefly.
Plus, the same tips apply to leather chairs and other furniture! Give your leather goods the best treatment they can get.