A little care while ironing, folding and storing them can make all the difference. These hacks will help you maintain and preserve all the amazing sarees your mum has passed down to you.
- Ensure your cotton sarees are crisply ironed, cooled and kept in a plastic zipper bag or wrapped in a clean dupatta. Tie a tight knot.
- Don’t keep dark cotton sarees with the lighter ones. Due to residue moisture, the colour imprint might get affected.
- Starch your sarees appropriately. Excess starch may adversely affect the fabric of the sarees.
- Do not store silk sarees with sarees made out of other fabrics.
- Store them away from direct sunlight in a cool and dehumidified place.
- Remove any plastic cover that may lead to zari or fabric discolouration.
- Wrap heavier sarees in old dupattas or a clean fabric.