Keep the following basic techniques in mind for the good health of your suits.
1) Before hanging your suit, lay it flat on the ironing board and brush it with a clothes brush. This will remove dirt and lint.
2) Hang it in a cool, dry place and make sure it’s away from direct sunlight.
3) Use a strong, widespread, wooden hanger with rounded edges to let your suit hang in its right shape.
4) Cover it with a cloth garment bag to protect it from dust, moulds and mildew. You can use the one you got when you purchased the suit.
5) If you have multiple suits, space them out evenly on your hanging bar so as to ensure proper ventilation.
6) If you’re travelling, you can use a portable garment bag and place it properly in your suitcase.