Babies grow up too quickly. As a result, their cute onesies and rompers become useless. But packing away these tiny treasures for a future sibling, will not only let you relish your memories but will also be easy on your pocket. Need help organising? Just follow these simple steps-
- Clean and Prepare: Before storing the clothing for future use, wash everything in warm water with a mild soap. Take time to refresh whites and treat stains if any. Finally, ensure that all items are completely dry before packing them away.
- Exclude: It is indeed difficult to let go of your baby’s clothes, but if something is permanently stained or overly worn, let it go! You should also pass on well-worn baby shoes, as they shape up to their first owner’s feet, making them uncomfortable for younger siblings.
- Sort by Size: Sorting by size sounds easy enough, but do not completely rely on labels, as different brands may have different standards. Use your best judgment to classify. If something seems out of place, don’t hesitate to stash it away with the next size up or down.
- Sort by Type: After sorting clothes by size, separate each sorted pile into seasons like summer wear, winter wear… Remove any special items, such as swimwear, dress-up costumes, or formal dress items, and keep these separate. Blankets, wraps and other accessories should also be kept separately, making it easy to find them.
- Bag, Label, and Store: Using resealable plastic bags is the best option to store clothes. Pack each pile of clothing into its individual bag and label extensively for gender size, and appropriate season. Label the bags holding other items with a list of contents, allowing you to find what you need at a glance. Finally, pack your sorted and labelled bags into a few large boxes. Store in a cool, dry environment.
So, just follow these simple steps and welcome your next baby with amazing, refurbished gifts from the elder sibling.