Next time you think of throwing away fruits and veggies that have gone bad, hold on; keep this list of quick tips handy to make the most of the food items that are inedible.
- Apple cores and peels that are stale can be used to make apple cider vinegar at home.
- You can steep old cheese rinds in the milk and strain them to prepare a sauce for macaroni and cheese.
- Citrus peels can be dried and stored in your kitchen. They can be used in recipes that call for fresh zest or can be infused in tea.
- You can make croutons using bread that has passed its prime.
- Put a few banana peels in a blender along with a cup of water and puree to form a paste. Dip a cloth in it and polish silver items in your house.